Pam suggested that I name this post, “Oops! I did it again!” I laughed so hard because she’s right. My husband and I have made it to the half way point of our 3rd gut renovation in 4 years. Just last week, we boarded up our renovated bedrooms and embarked on demo throughout the public areas. I am sooo excited because I get to convert our old breakfast nook into a playroom. Not only does that mean less toys in the living room but dreamy, playful design details for me, I mean my son! So I blog to you today from a vacation spot as I try to pull together the perfect playroom in time to give my contractor a paint color before the sun sets on the lake!
Picture this: New solid Mahogany hardwood floors and wall to wall sliders that lead to a (fenced) pool. The soon to be white, classic, carrera marble clad kitchen over looks the playroom. Now what? Here are my ideas and I gladly (and sincerely) welcome any ideas you can share with me!
1. The ceilings are only 8ft so I had no choice but to refer back to an old ceiling light post for inspiration because there is nothing else out there, Ugh!
2. Etsy find Tasty Suite has sweet wall decal sayings. I’ll even get a free “hello” sticker if I order before Jan 10th!
3. Rather than adding professional wall art, I plan to hang my son’s masterpieces with these fun clips!
4. These floor bins are the absolute BEST and I already own three in red to go with my blue and red theme.
5. We have one large wall calling for a media cabinet. The Land of Nod option happens to be priced well, comparatively speaking. I also find their furniture to be quite durable. Shaker style doors and an espresso finish is a must!
6. Chalkboard paint will fill the bottom portion of the art wall under a piece of chair rail. Martha shows us how to make our own custom color chalkboard paint!
7. Carpet tiles! Between the dogs, traffic coming in from the backyard & pool, oh and the kids spilling everything, this Land of Nod pattern is ideal for design and clean up. I am going with multicolor and even adding pink to keep both genders happy.
8. A super subtle shade of blue is my choice of paint color: Mountain Air from Behr.
9. & 12.Soft seating from PBK & Land of Nod is convenient and machine washable.
10. & 11. Knowing very well that these chairs and tables will be drawn upon in a matter of seconds, a budget around $50 can get a great set from Ikea and they can color all they want.
I look forward to revealing the finished room. Wish me luck!!!
[…] Source. […]
Hi, I came here after looking for family room / playroom ideas, and I’m finding your ideas inspirational as I try to figure out what I want in our new space. Do you mind if I use your image, with a link here, on my blog?
I can’t wait to see the finished room!
Of course! How could I forget the Pixie Dust Decor Tuffets or Poofs…Those would actually be a much better addition for soft seating!
Love your color selection of Mountain Air. Can’t wait to see the final results!
You are brave!! If you are looking for soft seating don’t forget our tuffets, they are slipcovered and we have our Boys Toys collection which is red and blue. We would be happy to do a custom piece for you if you would like and we can monogram it too!
Hope you are enjoying your time away!