We were honored when asked to guest blog at A List Baby, a site obsessed with all things exquisite for baby and celebrity child style. The Task: Create a room for Hollywood’s newest A-list twins, Vivienne & Knox Jolie-Pitt. I mean seriously…Out of all the celebrity offspring to choose from, could we have chosen a family with more interests, style, diversity and homes around the globe? Probably not. So that’s why it was great fun to create not one but two inspiration boards:
PARISIAN CHARM: French style evokes words such as sophistication, style, grace and confidence. Brad and Angie’s two newest mega-star babies, Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon arrived July 12, 2008. Any nursery simply won’t do! Project Nursery envisions classic pieces, European style and a bit of old world luxury to welcome these two beautiful babies.
1. Lullabye Rocker – Pottery Barn Kids
2. Eleanor Pink Chandelier – Rosenberry Rooms
3. Street View of La Tour Eiffel – Art.com
4. Grand Jubilee – Walnut Wallpaper
5. Distressed Frames – R&H Baby & Child
6. Petite Moi Bunnies Embroidered Four Piece Crib Bedding Set – The Well Appointed House
7. French Bebe Round Crib – Rosenberry Rooms
8. Bourgie Table Lamp – DWR
GLOBAL CHIC: The ancient textile art, Ikat (E-Kat) is back and revived in a big way! In Fact, it’s so fabulous and chic, we think its perfect for Brad and Angie’s newest twins, Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon. The Jolie-Pitt family is now eight and has such a global span, a plain-Jane nursery will not do. Both ethnic and chic, Ikat is a perfect anchor for their dream nursery. Oscar de la Renta is among many designers who are using these patterns in fall collections. The technique, in which thread is tie-dyed in preset patterns, creating figures that emerge as the cloth is woven, has been practiced for centuries, with regional variations, in Indonesia, Southeast Asia, China and India.
1. Ikat Pillow – Gumps
2. Lotus Flower Chandelier – Island Woods
3. Cabana Canopy Crib – ducduc
4. Pipa Side Table – Oly
5. Silly Owl by Litto Kids – Fawn and Forest
6. Animal Cushion, Camel – Design Public
7. Alphabet Cards by Ida Pearle – Tiny McSmall
8. Four Seasons Rug – Modern Tots
9. Moroccan Lantern – Plantation Home Accessories
Monday 24th of January 2011
Geçen gün sitenizde bir makalenizin tamamını okuyarak yorum yazmıştım, ama yayınlamamışsınız üzüldüm açıkçası
Wednesday 13th of January 2010
I really do love the product that global chic offers
Sunday 13th of December 2009
Good one. Will check it out.
Monday 31st of August 2009
Thanks Rachel, YERY VERY GOOD ..
Little Apple Design LA
Friday 17th of April 2009
Hi Rachel, Here's the link to the bedding by Litto Kids. It's found at Fawn&Forest...http://www.fawnandforest.com/categories/10-crib-bedding/products/521-litto-kids-silly-owl-crib-set