- A Project For: Maddox
- Age: 2 months
- Location: Oklahoma
I wanted to do something suitable for a little boy without being too "babyish". I thought a vintage railroad theme would be PERFECT because it can transition well into a toddler room. Besides, what little boy doesn't love trains?!?
I saw a design board for a vintage railroad themed nursery and I thought it was SO cute! I took the idea and ran with it making it my own, of course. I didn't want to overdue the railroad theme, so I tried to incorporate little bits here and there through the artwork, prints, color scheme, and the dresser.
I love mixing old with new.
1. Crib- venetian crib in distressed white (www.brattdecor.com)
2. Bedding- It was really important to me that his bedding be machine washable and comfy! I bought a really soft, light grey quilt and ordered the rest of the fabric online. (www.premierprintsfabric.com) Bedding made by Lisa Ogilbee.
3. Chevron dresser- thrift store find customized by Agape Vintage
4. Bookshelves- picture ledges from IKEA
5. Vintage train posters- (www.greatmodernpictures.com)
6. Name display- acid etched letters (www.urbanoutfitters.com)
7. Custom glider rocker- Quinn (www.besthf.com)
8. Railroad number plates- I ordered a "6" and a "12" for Maddox's birth month and year. (www.Etsy.com)
9. Chevron pouf- (www.Etsy.com)
10. Gallery wrap- photo by my husband (www.mattmartinphotography.com)
11. Train clock- Hobby Lobby
My favorite item is the custom bedding and crib. It turned out beautiful! I also love the chevron dresser- so unique!
Have fun and take your time... I searched numerous hours online for inspiration and picked up little pieces along the way. Eventually, it all came together!
Posted on September 10, 2012 33,333 views
Avatars by Sterling Adventures