A Project For
This project is very special to me, because it's for my babies! We were pleasantly surprised to find out we were expecting TWIN boys. I couldn't wait to get started!
I either wanted to do a boho baby or a classic baby vibe for their nursery. I decided that classic was the way to go. They are going to want a hand in their rooms when they're older and won't want it to be baby. They are only babies once!
Updated traditional. I like clean lines and pieces, fabrics and a feel that is classic. I don't like to be too trendy and have to change key pieces too often.
- I did the Harper bedding collection in navy from pb kids; can't go wrong. I didn't want to get the Harper quilt because it is $100.00 and they wont even use it! I bought white quilts online for $40.00 each instead and had their monograms put on them.
- The dresser in their room was in my closet and has to be from the 80's. I painted it Valspar corduroy black (it's actually a navy), added new knobs and I just love it!
- The chandelier is from Lowes and was $80.00http://www.lowes.com/pd_423822-43501-FD12-048_0__?productId=4764695&Ntt=chandeliers . I spray painted it white, bought the shades from Lowes as well and added navy grow grain ribbon with a hot glue gun.
- The curtains are from pb kids as well. I did two panels on each side to make them fuller.
- Of course, a ton of accessories are from HomeGoods; what would I do without? ;)
I love the vintage Babar prints I found at the Paris flea market. I also love the stripes.
If you are trying to conquer stripes....
- Have someone who is meticulous tape off the room
- Paint over the tape with your base coat (this will prevent bleeding), then go back and paint the colored stripe once the base coat has dried