- A Project For: Rowan
- Age: 1 month
- Location: Michigan
Our newest project: a crisp and clean navy, grey, and white nursery. Since kids' toys have so much color in them already, we chose this neutral palette to let them shine. We also have to use this room as a guest room, so we found a way to accommodate a queen-sized sleeper sofa, which doubles as an excellent place to snuggle up with our boys.
Once we found out we were expecting boy #2, we decided to go with a gentlemanly feel. I was inspired by menswear as well as nautical themes.
We favor clean lines and a mixture of modern and contemporary pieces. And we're not afraid of color!
The project is described in full on my blog:http://theb-line.blogspot.com/2011/09/nursery-redux-revealing-room-2.html But here's our resource list:Paint
- Wall color/ Benjamin Moore Designer White (Eggshell)
- Trim/ Valspar Semi-Gloss White
- Crib: Ikea Gulliver
- Dresser/changing table: Ikea Edland 6-drawer dresser
- Sofa: West Elm Henry Sofa Sleeper
- Book shelves: Ikea Ribba picture rails (3)
- Table lamp: Repurposed from this room (bought at Target years ago)
- Clip lamp: Ikea Jansjo in white
- Ceiling fixture: Westinghouse Lighting 7876400 Three-Blade Indoor Ceiling Fan (Amazon)
- Mirror: Ikea Monstad
- Woven Tray: repurposed from another room (bought at Target years ago)
- Hamper: Lands End canvas storage tote (medium)
- Peg rail: Lowes
- Curtain rods and rings: Target
- Picture frames: Ikea Ribba and Target RE wide mat frames
- Quilt: made by Mom! (Rowan's Grandma)
- Striped throw: Ikea Elver
- Curtains: made with navy honeycomb fabric (printed at spoonflower)
- Pillows: made by yours truly with regatta and navy scales fabric and West Elm napkins
- Crib skirt: made by me with grey arrows fabric
- Felt bowls: made by me (tutorial here)
- Crib sheet and changing pad cover/ Babies-R-Us
- Crashing waves water color: painted by a family friend
- Standout portrait of Rowan printed by WHCC (an ABP project :))
- Birth announcement, prayer, and race cars family "crest" designed by me
- Balloon collage: made by me (used a paper punch to cut out balloons and then adhesive squares to place them on craft paper)
- Balloon mobile: made by me from paper (tutorial here)
- Wooden race cars, house blocks, and little boys: painted by me (plain wood pieces purchased from JoAnn Fabrics)
- Letter "B": decoupaged with Paris maps made by moi
We love piling onto the sofa together! But I also love how the mobile really pops against the navy and white backdrop.
Keep it simple. The room is actually really basic, just with some personalized touches. For example, instead of buying plain navy blue curtains, I chose to make custom draperies from fabric that I designed and had printed at spoonflower. We went for a clean, uncluttered look--kids accumulate enough things soon enough!
Posted on September 19, 2011 7,168 views
Wife to an amazing hubby, mama to two beautiful boys and a precious baby girl, "retired" chemistry prof, and portrait photographer. See more here: http://amybethunephotography.com> more projects by abbethune
Avatars by Sterling Adventures