A Project For
This is the nursery we put together for our first child, a girl, expected any day now.
mostly just chose colors and went from there. We kept the "guest room" wall color we had in there already because painting felt too daunting. We just decided to work with it instead and I love how it turned out.
a little bit traditional, a little bit modern, and a little bit "I just like it".
Crib- Babyletto Mercer in white
Bookcase, dresser, chair, ottoman, side table, and wall bookshelves- Ikea
Sunshine print, Oregon print, NC print- Etsy
Crib sheet- Pottery Barn
Crib skirt- made by me, upcycled from an old duvet cover with a hole in it
Paper flowers- made by me
Changing pad cover- Dahlia by CoCaLo (sold on amazon and online at Target.com)
Paint- Sherwin Williams brand, color matched to Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. They had no paint chips left so I had just taken in one of their bags a long time ago when they were the same color. I think they've made some changes since then. Warning: this color looks different in EVERY single room and in different lighting.
I used frames from Ikea and scrapbook paper to make the name letters above the crib. The painting above the dresser was created by a good friend and given to me at the baby shower. I had a lot of fun collecting things from all different places and seeing it all come together (very slowly).
I love it all, together :) But boy is that chair comfy.
It's amazing how just picking what you like ends up going together pretty well! Also, if something bugs you, fix it! We started out with a pink crib skirt and I couldn't get it out of my head how there was just too much pink concentrated in one area, and not enough of the blue brought in. I like it so much more now that I changed that. We also had the frames slightly further apart above the crib to begin with and it ate at me until I insisted we change it. My husband was not happy with me that day.