A Project For
We have tried for years to have a child and when our dream finally came true, we wanted to create a super fun and colorful nursery. I didn't want a room that was a sea of pastel colors. I wanted a room that would grow with her. I also wanted to incorporate lots of different fabrics and as much color as possible. My ultimate goal was to try to create a room that maybe some day she would be happy to call it her own.
We did not tell anyone her name until she got here. We all called her Sparkle during the pregnancy.
I fell in love with Michael Miller's fabric line called Ooh La La. I also have a love for Chevron. Once I found the fabrics, the colors and the rest of the room just seemed to come together.
I love fun colors. I think fun colors make you happy, happy, happy! I also love fun and funky fabrics. I'm not afraid to mix lots of patterns together. I also like to find things I really like or have sentimental value and incorporate them into the room. I also like to repurpose a few things into new spaces.
- Crib and Dresser- Creations Baby- Angelina Collection in white. Purchased at Kid's Space in Lubbock, Texas
- Custom Mural Painting- Generationsofdesign.net (A mom and her two daughters that do custom painting)
- Bedding- Custom made by Graham Kracker in Midland, Texas. I used Michael Miller's Ooh La La collection
- Window Seat pillows- My Mother in Law made the bench cushion and pillows. Chevron pillows-Riley Blake. Zebra Fabric- Premier fabric.
- Pearcy blanket and pillow- Etsy-www.etsy.com/shop/mollyannemake
- Quilt rack-thrift store find spray painted orange
- Quilt on rack-custom made using all her nursery fabrics. Etsy-www.etsy.com/shop/chezmartine
- Turquoise lamp on dresser- My Grandmother's lamp
- Pearcy painting-etsy-www.etsy.com/shop/addilyneli
- Chevron Switch plate covers-Etsy-www.etsy.com/shop/modernswitch
- Lime Green Paint-Benjamin Moore- Chic Lime
- Turquoise in room- Benjamin Moore-Mexicali Turquoise
- Turquoise in closet- Benjamin Moore-Teal Tone
- Pink chandelier in closet- Ebay
- Custom Closet system- Martha Stewart
- Chevron Rug- Urban Outfitters
- Changing table. Craig's list find spray painted white.
- Colorful baskets- Land of Nod
- Fun White Hanging Lamp- Ikea
- Book shelves are Ikea spice racks spray painted orange
- Large Orange mirror-a mirror I had just spray painted orange
- Picture frames-Hobby Lobby painted in room colors
- Photography of room and baby by Dusty Gorman- dustygormanphoto.com
- Pink recliner/glider- Best
- Sparkle Sign- Gift from Jonikeithco.com
- Ribbon wreath on door-I made
Hard to pick. I love it all and how all the items work together. I absolutely love the custom wall painting. I think that makes the room super fun. I love the beautiful girly crib that her Grandparents gave her. I love the window seat my Mother in Law created. I also love that I was able to incorporate my Grandmother's lamp into her room. She would be so proud to know that it was in her room. I love the painting...the bookshelves and custom quilt. Can you tell that I just love it all?
My most favorite thing is that is room is made with love. We did projects. Her Grandparents helped us by making stuff for the room. Sellers on Etsy created things for her room and they were all more than nice and super excited for this little girl.
Find things you love and that make you happy. This is a space that you will spend a lot of time in. Don't be afraid to mix fabrics and patterns together. Michael Miller has so many great fabrics that mix and match so well. Also, search nurseries on project nursery to find inspiration. Etsy is a great place to get anything custom made. All the sellers I worked with were more than happy to do custom orders. They were all awesome. I highly recommend them all. Also, find things that can be repurposed into the room. Spray paint is a great friend to have.
Also, be sure to leave room for lots of pictures of your little one. We left one Turquoise wall open to fill with her pictures.