- A Project For: Parker Hayes
- Age: 1
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
Parker’s room is personalized to perfection! We know because Parker’s mom Stacy Amoo-Mensah along with his aunt, Brooke Daros are the hip creators behind Name Your Design. Launched in 2008, the Name Your Design gallery boasts over 40 fresh, personalized canvas art designs to choose from. And not only does Name Your Design offer amazing kid designs but their contemporary graphic art is ideal for any room in the house! In fact, I can’t wait to show you where I hang mine!
My sweet little bean…Parker Hayes! Parker is the youngest of three boys and is wasting no time being a “baby”…he’s been on the move for quite some time so we needed a room that would easily grow with him in both function and style. A designer for tinyprints as well as designing for my own business name your design, I am constantly scouring the internet for inspiration for my work and my home! When I found the barnslig park bedding at ikea …I was instantly visualizing this bedding in the room decorating the entire nursery in my head. It was definitely the piece that kicked off the black.white.red theme for his room.
My decorating style mimics my design style in that I think my work is modern and simple..very clean and uncomplicated.
1.The paint color is by Sherwin Williams, Jubilee.
2. Personalized set of canvas prints designed by moi, available on nameyourdesign.com
3. Paper mache “P” for Parker was from Michael’s craft store. Kwaku (my five year old) painted it red and we hung it over the bed…total cost was $6 (for letter and paint)
4. The twin bed and chest of drawers are hand me downs from my middle son, Kwaku. Both purchased from Ikea three years ago and are holding up perfectly!
5. Target is where I found the black frames holding all of Parker’s funny faces, the red storage bins for under his crib and the black table lamp.
My husband’s family is from Ghana, Africa. Some of my favorite pieces in Parker’s room are the wooden carvings that his parents have given us from their trips back “home”. I especially love the family of three elephants. Parker’s favorite things in the room are the alphabet zoo re-sticks above his crib from whatisblik.com. We find him standing up in his crib having serious conversations with the little critters on a daily basis.
We love watching Parker in his little space. He knows exactly where to go to find his toys under his crib and he has the center of the room to sprawl out and play. I love having the twin bed in there for bedtime stories and cuddling. It’s great that his “nursery” theme will also transition well with him as he approaches preschool and makes his way to the big boy bed.