We did not find out our babies genders before they were born, so I designed a gender neutral nursery that would work for boys/girls/or one of each! It was also done on a tight budget!
I wanted something peaceful, clean, and bright. My husband and I love orange, so I wanted to make sure I added some orange accents as well. I did not want a "theme", and I wanted my children to be able to grow into it, so it's not overly 'baby'.
Traditional with a modern feel.
Because we needed two cribs and crib bedding, we were on a tight budget. We bought our cribs on Amazon, for $189 each! They are simple, but sturdy (Child Craft London Euro Style Stationary Crib, Matte White) And the bedding I found on sale from zuilily.com.
The rug is from Overstock, I love the school of fish. The chair is one we had in our house already, also purchased from overstock. It's not good for nursing, but I knew that having twins, I would need a couch, and that was not going to fit in this tiny room.
The dresser, shelves, and book shelf, obviously came from Ikea.
My husband made the hook rack from old fencing we had lying around. I wish we made it bigger! Hooks are so handy!
I ordered the number cards from Zuilily, they are in Portuguese, because my husband's family is from Portugal. I just recently made the tissue paper puff ball, and need to get more tissue paper, and plan to hang three (always a work in progress!)
I did not overly decorate, because I knew once the babies were here, things would start accumulating quickly (boy was I right!), and it's a small room.
I love the lamp on the book shelf, it was in my bedroom as a child (as was the ceramic piggy bank). I am also proud of the simple mobile I made (I am not crafty).
I realize bumpers are quite controversial....
Our bumpers have gone through many changes as our girls have grown. First, they were installed the normal way, then I tied them on the outside when the girls started rolling around a lot, once the girls could sit, I put them back on the inside, but they were using them to stand on, so I recently weaved them in and out of the slates of the cribs, and they can no longer stand on them, and also don't get their legs stuck in between the slates!