A Project For
I knew I didn't want a super themed, matchy-matchy nursery, so I picked out a color scheme and tried to create a clean cut, comfortable room.
I found Project Nursery, Etsy, and Pinterest to be great sources of inspiration. I think our nursery is a mix of ideas found on those sites, pieced together!
- Bedding - Pottery Barn (Harper) http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/harper-nursery-bedding-navy/
- Curtains- Target (Grayson Grommet) http://www.target.com/p/target-home-grayson-grommet-window-panel-pair/-/A-13647263
- Crib- Babies R Us (Baby Cache Essentials Lifetime) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4358809
- Dresser - Ikea (HEMNES) http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00067830/
- Navy dresser knobs - D Lawless Hardware http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/k35-k206.html
- Glider/Rocker - Babies R Us (Newco Rosie) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13122563
- Giraffe - Amazon (Melissa & Doug) http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-2106-Giraffe-Plush/dp/B00009YEGL/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&colid=16INMXO942JH6&coliid=IK3V5KODCYH5A
- Rocking giraffe - Amazon (Happy Trails) http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Trails-Giraffe-Rocking-Animal/dp/B000XH71A2/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&colid=16INMXO942JH6&coliid=I30X4H4MVX2EH4
- Changing Pad - Amazon (LA Baby) http://www.amazon.com/LA-Baby-Sided-Changing-White/dp/B000KU5A9G/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=16INMXO942JH6&coliid=I1H9ZC8OVJDQO7
- Changing pad cover - Amazon (Nautica) http://www.amazon.com/Nautica-Zachary-Embossed-Changing-Table/dp/B004I8VDXS/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=16INMXO942JH6&coliid=I1EV0TL7TCZAUI
- Floating shelves - Ikea (LACK) http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10159099/
- Navy bins - Bed Bath & Beyond
- Paint - Lowe's (Olympic...custom color)
- Animal prints (above dresser) - A Vintage Poster (wonderful website & dealer - was so accomdating and easy to work with...plus affordable for such cute custom art!) http://www.avintageposter.com/category/animals
- White frames for animal prints - Michael's
- Lamp base - Walmart
- Lamp Shade - Target (*added navy grosgrain ribbon accents*)
- Wall letters/name - Etsy (seller: Going Gaga; 12" letters in Century Gothic font) http://www.etsy.com/shop/goinggaga
- Humidifier - Target (Crane)
- Navy pillow (chair) - Target http://www.target.com/p/home-weave-flat-woven-toss-pillow-navy-blue/-/A-14055712
- Clock - Target (Room Essentials)
- Storage Ottoman - Target (Room Essentials; recovered)
- Fabric to recover ottoman - Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/David-Textiles-Small-Stripes-Navy-White/20684222)
- Other framed prints - self-made (with inspiration from etsy)
I love the pop of color and fun the giraffes bring as well as the navy knobs on the dresser. I adore the non-cutesy name letters above the crib as well!
*As my space for our nursery was small, making sure I had the right measurements and dimensions before buying and assembling the furniture was a must. I knew that if my husband spent hours putting the crib and dresser together, it better fit (as disassembling it and returning it would be a HUGE pain!)
*In trying to stay on somewhat of a budget, I bought big ticket items (furniture, bedding, etc.) on sale and/or with extra percentage off coupons (Babies R Us, Ikea, Pottery Barn,etc.) and splurged on items I just HAD to have (the specific font name letters for example).
*If I couldn't find what I wanted (or the desired item was out of my price range), I made it myself. It took more time, but I created and printed the framed prints, ribbon lamp/lampshade, and also recovered the storage ottoman with the navy striped fabric.
*Register for items you want to use in your nursery - I found my Amazon.com registry to be the best for this (as friends bought me my beloved tall and rocking giraffes from there...as well as my changing pad, covers, etc.).
*As both my husband and I are tall, I put a little extra thought into having a taller crib and higher dresser/changing area so we couldn't have to be bending down all the time!