A Project For
This nursery was near and dear to me, since it was designed for my youngest daughter nine months ago. This Purple/gray nursery has a vintage, chic feel with a few modern pieces and personalized DIY elements.
My inspiration began with small, stone angels that I purchased on a work trip years ago. I found them in my attic while I was pregnant and knew that I wanted to use them in Mila's room. The rest of the room and other angel items were purchased afterwards.
I love anything chic and glamorous, with modern touches and livable appeal.
- Bedding, Crib, Dresser - Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
- Rug, Starburst Mirror, Basket, Braided Throw Pillow, Crystal Lamp, Mirrored side table, Wall Shelf, Assorted Frames- Random Local Stores
- Monogrammed French Dressform- DIY (Luca's Lullaby Interiors)
- Monogrammed Barrette Holder - DIY (Luca's Lullaby Interiors)
- Burlap, Brooch and Lace wrapped Vase - DIY (Luca's Lullaby Interiors)
- Paint Color - Benjamin Moore "Dusk To Dawn"
- Curtains - Couture Dreams
- Gray Glider - Little Castle Inc.
- Beautiful Angel Wings made of Vintage Book Pages- http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimpleJoysPaperie
So hard to choose what my favorites are, since this project was so personal to me....... I'd have to say that my favorites are the angel wings above the dresser and the curtains. I also love he DIY projects that I created!
I always love to choose a color and work around a theme. If you're working with a theme, don't overdo it. Choose a color that's somewhat soothing..... you'll be spending lots of time in the room with your little one. Adding personalization can make the room feel more livable and intimate. Also, don't be afraid to mix pieces and styles.... It adds character to any room!