- A Project For: Tinsley
- Age: 1 month
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Description: I wanted our nursery to have three elements: color, texture, & pattern. A room that felt SPECIAL! Something to reflect our personal taste, but still suitable for a baby. After deciding on paint and wallpaper, we rolled up our sleeves and got to work! We love the lavender hues and how they compliment the espresso furniture. The extra "pops" of rich color & artwork keep it age-appropriate for our girl. Fun, eclectic, modern, vintage - all rolled into one!
I was looking for the right wallpaper to "speak" to me. After deciding on this purple damask by York, everything else came together piece by piece. It was important to create a space that was appropriate for our little girl but also complimented the rest of our home. We love color and anything unique!
Color, pattern, eclectic. I'm also CRAZY for accessories!
I usually start with one or two pieces I really love and build from there. In this case, I started with a wallpaper and built the room around it.
- The Amy Butler rug was purchased from Layla Grayce.
- The 9 illustrations on the wall were bought from this talented young lady. She sells them individually OR you can buy the calendar (which is what I did).
- The green elephant lamp & curtains are from World Market.
- The three bird prints above the crib, mosaic mirror, and pillows are from Pier One.
- The side table lamp and floating shelves are from Lowe’s.
- The crib skirt was handmade by my mom.
- The swivel glider and ottoman are made by Best Chairs.
- The “Coco Bear” furniture set is from Buy Buy Baby.
- The wallpaper is York “Nouveau Damask” - found here.
- The paint color is called “Beguiling Mauve” from Sherwin Williams.
- Amy Butler rug
- Accent Wall
- Side table lamp
- 9 illustrations behind glider
Look for pattern, pattern, pattern and accessorize! If you want a rich look like this, stick with darker furniture and use plenty of lamps for warm lighting. Do not be afraid to mix many different colors together (just keep one or two the main focus). Shop EVERYWHERE. Use old & new. Trust your instincts. Be patient and don't settle for anything less than "you!"
Posted on June 27, 2011
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures