Even though we live in the Midwest, we love the beach and anything nautical and wanted to bring a little bit of that to our home with Lainey's nursery. It's a modern, girly version of nautical décor...with a hint of pirate whimsy. Custom pieces combined with catalog finds and vintage books create this darling room.
I knew the room would be anchored by the Sarah Jane fabric line called "Out to Sea" at first sight. Pirates, mermaids, narwhals and ships. What more could you ask for!
I love combining custom pieces with off the shelf items from a variety of different places to create a truly unique room.
- Fabric http://sarahjanestudios.com/blog/2012/05/introducing-out-to-sea/
- Lainey's nursery furniture is a hand-me-down from her big sister Lorrin.
- Quilt http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunnysideDesigns2
- Wall Decal http://www.etsy.com/shop/ababywall
- My talented sister in law, who owns a custom upholstery business, made the crib bumper, covered the rocking chair and made the window seat cushion.
- Crib Skirt, Curtains, Pirate Ship Chandelier & Chamois sheet http://www.potterybarnkids.com/
- Rug and Window Seat bins http://www.target.com/
- Window Seat and book shelves http://www.ikea.com/
- Framed Art Print http://shop.sarahjanestudios.com/collections/fine-art-print
- Burp Cloths were a gift
- Photos by http://adpottsphotography.com/
My favorite item is the Lainey pillow! http://www.namely-pillows.com/
My advice is to look for a line of fabrics you love and start there. I fell in love with the entire line of Sarah Jane fabrics first and the ideas spun from there!