- A Project For: S
- Age: < 1 year
- Location: Austin, TX
We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, so I wanted a gender-neutral for my baby. We decorated with a few owl accents, and ended up having a girl!
modern, bright colors
Up-cycled bliss. See more here.
- Crib from Stanley Furniture Young America.
- Yellow gingham sheet and brown tree quilt from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet, brown bumper from Carter’s.
- Artwork on white canvases that I painted, and installed a clock on the right one.
- Owl mobile with owls cut from felt and hung from dowels wrapped with twine.
- Dresser from my favorite secondhand store in Austin, Corner Collector’s Market.
- Changing pad cover from Carter’s and Angel Dear Duck Pillow from Two Blue Peas.
- Storage bowls from Plate This.
- Flannel wipes for cloth diapers from Wonder Wipes, (extras made by just cutting flannel from the fabric store) and homemade wipe spray (2 c. water, 1 T. Dr. Bronner’s Baby Soap, 10 drops lavender oil)
- Rocker from Babies R Us, in tan.
- Lamp from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet and pillar from Hobby Lobby, spray-painted brown.
- Shelves are spray-painted wood from Home Depot with spray-painted brackets from Hobby Lobby.
- Hanging basket is from Hobby Lobby, spray-painted yellow.
- Curtains and round pillows from Ikea.
- Pad made by my aunt.
- Pillow shams from Pottery Barn Outlet.
The felt owl mobile that I made a few weeks before my due date with twine and felt.
Forget the babyish stuff, decorate your new child's room like you would a new canvas in your house - let it be your style!
Posted on September 14, 2010 14,514 views
Avatars by Sterling Adventures