As soon as I found out I was having a boy, I knew that I wanted a modern nursery with bold, fun colors. I'm pleased that we were able to create exactly what I wanted for Graham's room on a relatively low budget. Lots of love and DIY projects went into this room!
I found lots of inspiration on Pinterest and Project Nursery. After I chose the fabrics, the rest of the design fell into place.
I think my style can be described as contemporary, but I also enjoy bringing vintage elements into my home, especially in my daughter's super girly room.
- Paint- Gray is Sparrow by Behr and blue is True Turquoise by Glidden
- Bedding- custom made by a local seamstress. All fabrics by Premier Prints. Caden Lane created something similar based on Graham's bedding- http://www.cadenlane.com/bright-baby-green-crib-bedding/.
- Dresser- Craig's list find that I refinished and painted
- Lamps- Target
- Cube Shelf- Ikea Expedit
- Light Fixture- Ikea Fillista
- Glider- Re-used from daughter's nursery, purchased at Babies 'R Us in 2008
- Crib- Re-used from daughter's nursery, purchased at Target in 2008.
- Rug- Got it on Ebay, but it's been discontinued (http://myworld.ebay.com/rugdealz/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754)
- Seuss-inspired artwork- created by a friend.
- Sleepy print- http://www.etsy.com/shop/sycamorestreetpress.
- Wild Things print- http://www.etsy.com/listing/88159608/wild-thing-print
- Window seat/toy chest- built by my dad; I made the pillows and had the cushion made by the seamstress who made the bedding
The rug is probably my favorite item in the room because I think it added a fun pop of color. I also love the curtains, and since I made them myself, they are extra special to me.
Browse for your dream rooms online, then try to replicate those looks on a smaller budget. I love finding deals on ebay and Craig's list!