I wanted to create a peaceful, dreamy and relaxing escape for my baby girl, Giselle (not born yet, I'm due in July). Something modern, fun and fresh, with few touches of bright colors...Coral Pink & lime green.
I had a little space challenge in this room so having the dresser double as a diaper changing station worked out nicely.
I found lots of inspiration on Pinterest and Project Nursery.
I originally started out looking for the fabric for the curtains. Once I found the fabric at Joann's Fabric store I fell in love with the color scheme. I kept the walls a neutral color gray and wanted to add pops of coral pink and lime green in the accessories. I felt like avoiding having everything too matchy-match and blending the different color shades and it all somehow ties together! LOL
I had so much fun working on designing this room. It actually turned out sooo differently then what I originally had planned in my head...but everything really evolved organically that it kinda took on it's own style. I tried to stay somewhat modern and chic with traditional touches here and there. I was on a really tight budget so I was thrilled to find sweet deals at places like Garden Ridge, Hobby Lobby and Home Goods.
- Paint - Gray is Sparrow by Behr
- Wall Decal - I ordered on Etsy by Cuma wall decals http://www.etsy.com/listing/93767585/nursery-wall-decal-tree-wall-decal-birch
- Crib Bedding and glider pillow - I ordered from Carousal Designs.com http://www.babybedding.com/white-pagoda-crib-bedding
- Window treatments - Handmade by a friend. Fabric Dena Designs Crystal Vision Petal I ordered from Onlinefabricstore.net
- Rug - Garden Ridge
- Glider Chair - Babies R Us Morgan Nursery Swivel Glider Silver w/ White Piping
- Green Lamp - clearance @ Home Goods store
- Night Stand - Target
- Crib and Dresser - Baby Italia @ Babies R Us (We got this as a hand me down and we refinished painted white and added the pink knobs)
- Small Ottoman - Hobby Lobby
- Quilt - Handmade gift from a friend
- Window mirror and clock - yard sale find that I spray painted pink.
- Art work - Home Goods Store - on clearance
- Puppy Dog musical Mobile - Steal I found at Kid to Kid
Its hard to pick one...but I think My favorite items are the Curtains because they were handmade by a very dear friend of mine and were the inspiration of the whole room.
I also LOVE the Glider! It's so relaxing. That was one item my husband and I decided to splurge on since we knew we would be spending a lot of time in it. ;)
I would say start early that way you can take your time and enjoy the whole nesting experience. I had so much fun looking on line for inspiration and then trying to find similar items on a smaller budget. It's so worth it in the end and very rewarding for you and your new little love bug! :)