- A Project For: Miles Robert Burkett
- Age: 4 weeks
- Location: N. Charleston, SC
This nursery was an absolute work of love by my mom. She is a DIY queen and the result is a room that is completely DIY, hand-me-down or re-purposed. The only thing bought was the bookshelf.
The inspiration for this nursery were a couple of really neat fabrics I bought for the bedding/drapes/rug. Everything else was derived from those colors/style.
Non "themey", homemade, sweet, classic
- Paint - Glidden "Softest Juniper"
- Bedding, drapes and rug - Custom sewn by mom
- Moroccan Ottoman - Idea/pattern found on http://www.examiner.com/how-to-home-design-in-new-york/decor-101-how-can-i-make-a-diy-moroccan-pouf
- Bird Mobile - Idea and pattern found on blog, http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/
- Paisleys painted on wall by friend and artist, Laura Martindale, http://www.myartistici.com/
- 3 Owl Canvases - idea found on Project Nursery, pattern drawn freehand.
- Crib - antique crib passed down and refinished
- Changing table - Hand-me-down, refinished and new hardware
- Rocker - hand-me-down
- Bookshelf - http://www.target.com/p/Circo-Bookcase-White/-/A-10812017
- Baby Rocker - Mom's rocker from childhood
Oh my goodness, that's like choosing a favorite child. Can we make it a tie between the bird mobile, all the custom bedding and Moroccan pouf?!
Definitely invest in some good fabric and then base everything off of that.
Posted on October 31, 2011
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures