This nursery was an absolute work of love by my mom. She is a DIY queen and the result is a room that is completely DIY, hand-me-down or re-purposed. The only thing bought was the bookshelf.
The inspiration for this nursery were a couple of really neat fabrics I bought for the bedding/drapes/rug. Everything else was derived from those colors/style.
Non "themey", homemade, sweet, classic
- Paint - Glidden "Softest Juniper"
- Bedding, drapes and rug - Custom sewn by mom
- Moroccan Ottoman - Idea/pattern found on http://www.examiner.com/how-to-home-design-in-new-york/decor-101-how-can-i-make-a-diy-moroccan-pouf
- Bird Mobile - Idea and pattern found on blog, http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/
- Paisleys painted on wall by friend and artist, Laura Martindale, http://www.myartistici.com/
- 3 Owl Canvases - idea found on Project Nursery, pattern drawn freehand.
- Crib - antique crib passed down and refinished
- Changing table - Hand-me-down, refinished and new hardware
- Rocker - hand-me-down
- Bookshelf - http://www.target.com/p/Circo-Bookcase-White/-/A-10812017
- Baby Rocker - Mom's rocker from childhood
Oh my goodness, that's like choosing a favorite child. Can we make it a tie between the bird mobile, all the custom bedding and Moroccan pouf?!
Definitely invest in some good fabric and then base everything off of that.