- A Project For: Beck
- Age: Coming in January!
- Location: Dallas, Texas
My goal was to create a soft and sweet nursery that still maintained a level of sophistication that matched the rest of the house. I had a general idea in my head, but it came together over several months and I can't wait to bring our new son home to his room.
I knew I wanted a soft blue and green palate, but the addition of the different types of animals just happened. I planned to work with a decorator for the cornice boxes, but ended up making them myself out of foam board.
I tend to use a transitional style to decorate with elements of mid-century or regency style. I think the nursery is more traditional than other parts of the house, but it just felt like the right style for the nursery.
Creating a style board before I started made a huge difference.
- The bedding and rug are from Serena and Lily.
- Crib is Restoration Hardware.
- The blue and green prints above the changing table: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlleyKids
- Custom pillow: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDoorHome
- Glider is a Little Castle.
- Giraffe is Melissa and Doug
- Elephant Hamper: http://www.homedecorators.com/detail.php?parentid=46892&aid=froogle&CAWELAID=87072988
- Mobile: http://www.etsy.com/shop/littledreamersinc
Posted on November 27, 2011
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures