A Project For
This contemporary nursery with a grey-aqua-orange color scheme features a towering giraffe, grey-striped walls, and antique touches. For more product information, please visit wisemamablog.com or the feature on Apartment Therapy. Photography by Andy Wise.
- The paint colors are Benjamin Moore’s Grey Owl and Dove White.
- The bed skirt was made with fabric from Carousel Designs.
- The Melissa & Doug Giraffe is the keeper of the nursery.
- My husband, Andy Wise, created the “H” art. It’s comprised of objects that start with H, printed by CanvasPop.
- The floor lamp is from Target.
- The lovely bookrack is from Pottery Barn Kids.
- I snagged the footstool at Buy Buy Baby.
- The kids’ table is from Babies R Us.
- We found the ClosetMaid storage cubes at Lowe’s.
- The crib and 5-drawer chest are from Bonavita’s Peyton Collection.
My favorite parts of the room are the pieces that family members contributed. My late granddad refinished the antique chairs and dresser. My mom reupholstered the rocking chair, which is the same rocker I was rocked in as a baby. My mother-in-law made the beautiful quilt hanging on the crib. These items give the room heart.
A little color goes a long way. I came close to covering the cornice in orange chevron. I'm so glad I didn't. A clean, white canvas enables the touches of orange and aqua to pop throughout the room.