A Project For
This is a second, more colorful take on Landon's original nursery ( http://projectnursery.com/projects/baby-landons-owl-nursery/ ). We spent his first year sharing a room at my parent's house, and when he turned one we moved into a place of our own! I kept most of the same things but changed and added a few things.
In the original nursery I really wanted to use a bright, fun paint color for the walls but it didn't really work with the decal I chose. So in the new nursery I made sure to chose the paint color first and the wall decal second.
Basically, it is his original nursery perfected :)
(I also included pictures of his bathroom decor since it's connected to his room and it goes with the theme.)
Landon's original nursery- http://projectnursery.com/projects/baby-landons-owl-nursery
Also Project Nursery and Etsy.
Fun, cheery and colorful. I instantly feel happy and uplifted every time I walk into his room. I always love DIY projects as I feel it adds so much sentiment to the room.
- Crib: Costco
- Dresser/Changer: Costco
- Bookshelf: Sears
- Crib Bedding: DIY- Custom made by my mom
- Owl Quilt: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/barabooboo
- Crib Mobile: DIY- Hanging lantern from Ikea, Felt and fabric from Hobby Lobby and other fabric stores, White leaf ribbon from Etsy...Designed and handsewn by me
- Orange square frame: Z Gallerie
- Flokati Rug: Costco
- Hanging name Letters: DIY- Wooden letters, scrapbook paper and embellishments from Hobby Lobby
- Memory photo board: DIY- Fabric and ribbon from Hobby Lobby
- Diaper Stacker: DIY- Sewn by my mom
- Diaper Wipes holder: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetmonkeytots
- You are my Sunshine Pillow- One Kings Lane
- Monkey stuffed animal on glider- Target
- Orange blanket on glider- Ikea
- Diaper changing cover: DIY- Sewn by my mom
- Owl Beanie on Lantern: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/BugysHndmdeCreations
- Stuffed Owl on Bookshelf: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/BWinks
- Orange metal Owl on Bookshelf: Hobby Lobby
- Lantern on Bookshelf: Z Gallerie/DIY- latern that was sitting in the backyard. We cleaned it up and spraypainted it aqua blue.
- Picture frame next to window: Michaels
- Canvas art over rocker: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/DistinctiveModernArt
- Grow Wise Little Owl Quote: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/people/landbgraphics
- Owl and bird decals: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/Modernwalls
- Tree decals: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/designedDESIGNER
- Glider: Hand me down from a friend
- Stuffed Owl in crib (also made birds on bookshelf): Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/karensagez
- Flag banner over window: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/StarlitNestGifts
- Valance: Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/FinePillowCovers
- Brown polka dot kids chair- Pottery Barn Kids
I love the owl mobile over his crib...it was the first thing I ever sewed and I was super happy with how it turned out.
I also love the flag banner...I originally bought it for his 1st birthday party but it ended up complimenting his room perfectly!
DIY projects add such a personal and unique touch to a nursery. Even if you aren't crafty you can get the same look from ordering on Etsy!
Whether it's a color, theme, style, etc. that you love, pick something and embrace it. Because although it's your child's room, you will be spending ALOT of time in there so make sure whatever it is, it makes you happy when you walk in! :)