- A Project For: TBD - baby girl
- Age: Due December 30, 2011
- Location: Southern Maryland
We wanted something bright and happy, but that would grow with her. My mother-in-law made the crib set, and all the colors were picked to match that fabric. We had to make the most of a small space.
I found lots of inspiration on Etsy and Pinterest. Once we found the right fabric, it all came together!
Traditional and clean, but with some modern and quirky touches tossed in.
- Crib - Da Vinci Piedmont (similar to this - I love that it has a drawer)
- Dresser/Changing Table - Da Vinci Piedmont
- Yellow Drawer Thing - Ross (already had it, just spraypainted)
- Glider - Stork Craft Tuscany
- Rug - Garland Flower Power from WalMart
- Curtains - Hometrends Alium from WalMart
- (Temporary, until we buy new closet doors) closet curtains - Twin sheets in yellow from Target. I sewed buttons on top to turn it into a curtain
- Diaper bin/toy basket - storage ottoman from Ross ($17 clearance!)
- Diaper trash can - Small stainless trash can from Target
- Window Garland - Made by me! Got the idea from Pinterest. Some of the fabrics included were samples we got when we were trying to make a final fabric decision, which I think will be fun to look back on.
- Crib skirt and bumpers were made by my mother-in-law. I think we looked at ALL the appropriate fabric in 2 different JoAnn's stores before I finally decided.
- Mobile and tissue flowers made by my BFF (tissue flowers were used at my baby shower)
- Flying pig - Ross
- metal "bead bugs" - end of year sale at plant nursery ($2 each)
- Gallery wall frames - various places (including Dollar Tree and Target), then spraypainted white and mats painted (much of this is temporary art)
- Lamp - vintage (used to be in my room) with spraypainted shade
- stool under window - made by my uncle many, many years ago
- Metal flowers - JoAnn's (got these on clearance for less than $2 each and they happened to match!)
- Frog Prince - IKEA, several years ago
- knitted blanket - thrifted!
Basically everything on the walls is hung up with Velcro Command hooks, so I can move things without damaging the walls. I stock up on them with 40% off coupons from Michael's. Eventually, we'd like to add some more shelving (possibly corner shelves) for books and other display items.
I of course love the crib set made by my mother-in-law. But also the gallery wall, which includes 2 items made by my mom that were in my room as a kid (the cross-stitch and silhouette), the mobile, and the flying pig.
See what you already have that can be repurposed! We were able to use a lot of things we already had. For other stuff, almost all of it was crazy cheap (the rug was $19!) or clearanced and a great deal. We've used lots of Thirty-One bins to organize the closet, since we still have to use it for non-baby storage in our small home.
Posted on December 18, 2011
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures