- A Project For: my baby girl
- Age: 7 weeks
- Location: Texas
- Description: A nursery for our daughter
- Design Inspiration: The design was inspired by the curtain fabric.
- Decorating Style: Bohemian Chic
- Project Details: Many items are vintage, such as the crib, chandelier, rocking horse, dollhouse, art, and chair. However, many items were purchased specifically for this nursery: Curtain fabric- Suzani print. Rug- Home Decorators. Dresser- Bassett Furniture- Ava Dresser in Dove Gray. Hamper- Homegoods. Diaper Pail- Ubbi in gray. Frames- Pier One, Homegoods. Mirrored side table- Target. Small Baskets- Target. Small lamp- Target. Brass lamp- Potterybarn. Custom Lamp Shade. Libra pillow- Serena and Lily. Etsy purchases: Bird on a string: Whirlwind Designs; Diaper Tote: Treasured Totes. Diaper stacker, mobile, curtains, baby blanket, and dollhouse's table skirt: made by mom and mother-in-law.
- Favorite Items: My favorite items are the art above the crib, the rocking horse, and the dollhouse. The castle painting was done by my grandmother years ago. It hung in my childhood bedroom. The "key to my heart" art was a gift from sister-in-law. The rocking horse was my husband's as a child. His initials are etched in the wood and was a gift from his godmother. The dollhouse was made by my mom for me as a child. She wired it with electricity. Over the summer, both of my sister-in-laws repainted and rewallpapered the dollhouse.
- Advice: Make sure that the room is comforting yet stimulating for your little one.
Posted on November 24, 2012
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures