- A Project For: Baby W
- Age: Arriving in April 2012
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
I knew I wanted the nursery to be soothing, yet colorful and something that could easily transition to a more "grown up" space as as our baby matured. It was important to me that I could incorporate some new pieces with inexpensive/vintage pieces so that the room had character (and didn't break the bank!).
I was lucky to have the talented Lindsay Brummer come take pictures of the room http://www.lindsaybrummerphotography.com/!
Before we knew the sex of our baby, we decided to paint soft grey horizontal stripes on the walls (figuring that they would work for either a boy or a girl). I fell in LOVE with Caitlin Wilson's new line of fabrics, and knew that I wanted to incorporate a few of them in the nursery if we were having a girl. I also really wanted a daybed, with lots of fun pillows so that I could rest comfortably in the room if necessary.
I'm all over the place - I love scouring craigslist for vintage pieces, I love clean, traditional design, modern, funky and boho. I can't really commit to one specific style.
- Crib is Jenny Lind, from Amazon.com
- Changing table was a vintage dresser found on craigslist, my wonderful husband painted it
- Daybed is Camden Daybed, from Ballard Designs http://www.ballarddesigns.com/camden-daybed/144407?listIndex=1
- Vintage Swan’s Neck Rocking Chair & Ottoman – purchased on craigslist for $40 and then reupholstered & refinished using a coral fabric from F&S fabric outlet in LA.
- Side tables found on craigslist ($25/pair), my darling husband painted them
- Grey Shabby Chic bookshelf purchased at a yard-sale
- Curtains from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30111978/
- Tissue Poms from Fiesta Pom Pom http://www.etsy.com/shop/FiestaPomPom
I worked with the lovely and talented Sally Jensen to help make all of my crib bedding and the pillows on the daybed. Sally’s site: http://abodecasahome.blogspot.com/ and her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tuftlovefabric
Here are the different sources for Crib Bedding:
- Crib Skirt: Caitlin Wilson’s Coral Chevron http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=5001&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
- Crib Bumper: Premiere Prints Coral & White Chelsea http://premierprintsfabric.com/chl.shtml
- Crib Sheet: Serena & Lily Shell Trellis http://www.serenaandlily.com/Baby/A-La-Carte-Crib-Sheets-Shell-Trellis
- Bolster Pillows on Daybed: Caitlin Wilson’s Mint Fretwork http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=7001&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
Other pillows on daybed:
- Premiere Prints Chipper in candy pink/white: http://premierprintsfabric.com/chpcpw.shtml
- Premiere Prints Zig Zag in Coral/White: http://premierprintsfabric.com/ZIGZACRWH.shtml **this is also changing pad cover
- Caitlin Wilson Mint Fleur Chinoise: http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=1004&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
- Clarence House Marisol http://www.clarencehouse.com/products/prints/marisol.html
The vintage swan's neck rocking chair & ottoman that we found on craigslist! I thought the arms were so charming, but it needed some TLC. It was a definite splurge to have it refinished & reupholstered - but the end result is so beautiful and it was still 1/2 the price of a new glider from Dwell or Monte.
Have fun, and don't stress out! I had a few meltdowns trying to plan this nursery spatially while I waited for the daybed to come from Ballard (it took a few MONTHS). When it came, it seemed HUGE for the space and I was worried everything wouldn't fit...but somehow, it all came together (and my friends talked me off the ledge)!
Posted on April 19, 2012 17,956 views
Avatars by Sterling Adventures