A Project For
This is my first and highly anticipated nursery decor project. I loved researching every little detail for this project - and there are a lot. I knew I was having a wee little lad but didn't want to go to blue or too dark. They are just babies for a short period of time so I went soft grey, yellow and a splash of turquoise.
I love mixing old with new and retro with modern. I really wanted the nursery to follow the look and feel of the house overall, which is quite eclectic...lots of amazing pieces from multiple eras from the 20s to the 70s and mixed in with very modern. I am in a 'grey' phase right now and wanted to lead with grey and then accent with bits of yellow and turquoise.
- Glider - Monte - a little luxury that I know I'll get much use out of - http://www.montedesign.net/modern_nursery_glider.html
- Crib - in all white - http://www.concordbaby.ca/products/cribs/metro-convertible-crib.html
- Drawers - good old Ikea - http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70103349/#/50214555
- Change Caddy - Ikea again! - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30216536/
- Bookcase, Reading Area Side Table and Lamp - vintage, painted
- Grey and White Animals Over The Drawers - http://www.etsy.com/people/corelladesign?ref=ls_profile
- Upcycled Alice in Wonderland Print - http://www.etsy.com/shop/wallenvyart?ref=seller_info
- Poo's 'n Wee's Print - http://www.etsy.com/shop/PeaPress1?ref=seller_info
- Happier Than A Bird With A French Fry Print - http://www.etsy.com/shop/dazeychic?ref=seller_info
- Hot Air Balloon Art Above Crib - http://www.etsy.com/shop/OrangeOptimist?ref=seller_info
- Custom Mobile - http://www.etsy.com/shop/LovelySymphony
- Junghans Vintage 'One Bell' Alarm Clock - eBay
- Ceramic Book Ends - My Mom saved my bookends from the 70s and one fell out of my trunk and broke. I was devastated. I didn't think I would ever be able to replace it...but I actually found the exact same ones that Beverly had saved from the 70s and had her replace it for me! http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonlitefantasies
- Pillow - http://www.etsy.com/listing/92297470/reserved-for-tanya-gray-and-yellow?ref=usr_faveitems
- Crocheted Blankets and Bunny Rug - Made with love by Gram and Nenny
- Polka Dot Fitted Sheet - Pottery Barn Kids
- Crib Skirt - DIY with no sewing involved, just a bit of fusible tape, an iron and velcro to ensure that the skirt lay flat
- Drawer linings - DIY with fabric, bristol board and glue
There are way too many favourite items to list. I love that I have so many things from when I was a baby including my bookends (from the 70s!), my Beatrix Potter books and antique figurines, hand crocheted blankets from my mom, a 'bunny rug' with gorgeous needle work from my mother-in-law, my collection of children's books both new and vintage (such as my collection of Dr. Seuss books), the stuffed boy and girl bunnies from a market in Israel and all of the art from Etsy. I do really love the antique clock and art sitting on the old painted table next to the glider.
Enjoy every moment of the design and decor process. Mix and match and don't be afraid to take an old piece and make it new with a little paint. If you can't find something that you have your heart set on - DIY! If you want to know how I made the non-sew crib skirt or the drawer liners, message me and I'll send you instructions - super easy!