- A Project For: Avery Marie
- Age: Due October 1, 2012
- Location: Houston, Texas
We know we wanted orange and gray, but when we found out we were having a girl, we threw in some pink as well!
We saw some great ideas on ProjectNursery.com!
DIY, fun and modern
- Crib: Graco - Charleston
- Dresser: I can’t remember the brand, but it was a pain to put together! I think we bought it at Walmart.com
- Toy storage: ClosetMaid Cubeicals from Target. We plan to use orange drawers as well, but haven't purchased them yet.
- Glider: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider – Slate. We bought it at Target.com (It’s very comfy!)
- Storage Ottoman: Target
- Curtains: We bought fabric at Hobby Lobby and my mom made them!
- Crib skirt: My mom also made the crib skirt!
- Rug: Ikea
- Mirror: Ikea
- Orange Lamp: Ikea
- Tree wall decal and birds & owl above mirror: www.dalidecals.com (It took my mom and me three hours to put the tree up, but it was worth the time!)
- Wall Paint: Behr Premium Paint Color: "Porpoise" It took us about two months to finally decide on a grey shade that we liked! I had five different colors of grey samples on the wall and just couldn't commit! They all looked blue or purple to me!
- Avery’s name: Wood letters from Hobby Lobby (I painted the sides of the letters pink & orange to give a fun effect)
- Frame around name: We purchased crown moulding from Home Depot, and we cut it in four pieces. We glued it together and nailed it to the wall (we saved about $80 doing it ourselves!) – I then painted the orange and pink stripe inside of the frame to give it a pop of color – It surprisingly took me two days to finish those two lines. Thank goodness they came out straight!
Not sure I can pick just one item as my favorite, but I love the color orange! So I guess my favorite "item" is the color choice!
Be patient! If you looking for the color orange, good luck! It wasn't as easy to find orange items within my budget as I originally thought! Most girl nursery items are pastel pink.
Posted on July 23, 2012 7,165 views
I'm a big DIYer on a tight budget! Since we found out we were pregnant back in January, I immediately started planning the nursery and wanted to share it with everyone!> more projects by nealandsandy
Avatars by Sterling Adventures