A Project For
Soft, sweet, feminine baby girl's nursery
We started with a very basic builder-beige guest bedroom. We decided to add board and batten and crown molding to add some interest to the space. Once I settled on a gray, pink and white color scheme, things started to fall into place from there.
My overall decorating style is contemporary, traditional, with some coastal/nautical touches.
- Porpoise by Behr: Gray Paint
- Kristaller Chandelier: IKEA
- Kendall Crib in Simply White: Pottery Barn Kids
- Colette Bedding Collection: Serena & Lily
- Sleep Sheep: Pottery Barn Kids
- Hamper: Pottery Barn Kids
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Print in Custom Colors: Etsy seller sugarfresh
- Don't Worry Print: Etsy seller rawartletterpress
- White Frames: Target
- Ubbi Diaper Pail: Amazon
- Ava Coat Hanger: Gift
- Peyton Dresser: Bonavita
- Wire Basket: Container Store
- Glider: Best Chairs Quinn Glider
- Ottoman: White Moroccan Pouf from Overstock.com
- Pink Giraffe Stroller Blanket: Pottery Barn Kids
- Cotton Canvas Drapery Panels in Petal: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
- Curtain Rods and Rings: Martha Stewart for Home Depot
- Curtain Holdbacks: Bed Bath & Beyond
- Monogram: Medium (14") wooden monogram from Etsy seller charminglittlenest
- Bookcase: Target
- To The Moon Frame and Monogrammed Brush/Comb Set: Gifts
- Pink Galvanized Pail: Pottery Barn Kids
- Sugarbooger Children's Closet Dividers: Amazon
More details at: http://wadeupdate.blogspot.com/2012/08/nursery-reveal-avas-gray-pink-nursery.html
My favorite items are the bedding and curtains. It was really important to me to get just the right shades of pink, so I splurged a bit on these items and they're absolutely perfect.
My advice is to take your time when looking for just the right pieces. If you rush to get everything done by the second trimester, you'll probably end up settling for some things you're not totally in love with. Take your time and the pieces will fall into place. This also applies to getting the best prices - if you're patient you can catch the rare sale from places like Serena & Lily and RH Baby & Child.