- A Project For: Ava
- Age: 26 Weeks
- Location: South Florida
- Description: Designed by Modern Events & Ever After Floral Design www.moderneventsmiami.com & www.everafterfloraldesign.com A Baby Shower for a special Mommy to be! Baby Ava was showered with lots of love, color, flowers and details.
- Design Inspiration: Taking inspiration from Alice in Wonderland we created a unique UnBirthday Party! Using the older versions and the newest version of Alice in Wonderland we created a contemporary design with a vintage feel.
- Decorating Style: Modern and Fun!
Stationary: We did all of the stationary our selves to save on cost and to personalize the event.
Flowers:As a florist I was fortunate to save cost on doing it my self. However we did do topiaries out of styrofoam covered in moss with butterflies which were much more affordable and looked great. We sourced our tea pots from dollar stores and donation centers.
Linens: To keep the over all look consistent we used black and white with gold. Then when picking vases and details we stuck with that color pallet.
Cake & Cupcakes: For the cake and cupcakes we went with home made! We made the "Eat Me" Cupcake Toppers using a circle template on Word and a circle punch from a local craft store. To Do: You print your circles, cut and decorate and then you glue a skewer between two circles and your done. For the cake on top we just made a small cake and decorated with pre-colored fondant. For the Pop Up Book Topper look we had a comic book illustrator (who is also a great friend) and asked him to make the different portions. We used the same concept as the cupcake toppers by cutting the drawing out and gluing a skewer between the drawing and a back piece. For the Stand we purchased a stand from a local Home Goods and sprayed it hot pink.
Details: We had looks of fun with the details. We saved all the pickle jars I have been eating along the pregnancy and used them for games. We had an Advice Jar, Raffle Jar and other games. For the Seating Chart I used wooden dowels to create scroll like signs and hung these from the centerpiece on the signing table. For the Signing Book I purchase Alice in Wonderland and invited guests to write a special note to Ava.
- Favorite Items: I loved the Cake Topper because it looked like it was straight out of a pop up book! I also really loved the signing book as well. Guests wrote special messages to our little girl. I am sure she will love that when she is old enough to read.
- Advice: Don't be afraid to be adventurous! Determine a color scheme and theme and let that guide you. If you don't love something get rid of it! And most importantly start as soon as possible so you enjoy each project and not rush through them to get to the finish line :)
Posted on December 5, 2011 11,035 views
I am an Event Planner & Designer as well as a Florist, Crafter and a total DIY girl. Happily living in sunny Florida with my charming husband Alex & fluffy dog Bentley... AND we are expecting our first Baby Girl!> more projects by hellotheirbaby
Avatars by Sterling Adventures