- A Project For: Twin Sisters
- Age: newborn
- Location: Brooklyn
- Description: Going bold doesn't mean coating the walls with neon. Creamy colored walls are the backdrop for bursts of fuchsia.
- Design Inspiration: Fuchsia- although this is a very bright pink, it can play a delicate roll in room design when it's featured in small doses meaning less is more.
- Decorating Style: Elegant, simple and traditional.
- Project Details: The furniture is from AFK and the combination of woods add encouragement to bring in more of the fuchsia on it and over it. The fabrics are pure silks from Kravet fabrics used on the custom bedding, custom canopies and custom balloon shades.
- Favorite Items: The delicate embroidered silk using not only this wonderful color, but also bits of velvet for more texture and opulence.
- Advice: When a set of twins, or multiples of children need to share a room, the basic necessities should be put into place first. Creating balance, repeating colors and symmetry should follow along wherever possible. This is not only pleasing to the eye, it's also the simplest to arrange.
Posted on December 4, 2012
Project By: Caty
Mom to 3, designer for over 20 years. Now venturing into nursery and youth decorating & designing along with a custom linen product line. All this still being done by one through Custom Decorating by Catalina - Caty's Cribs has spun into a new world of imagination and creativity filling it with a little more fun!!› More projects by Caty
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures