- A Project For: Tiago Leo
- Age: Due December 12 / January 13
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Description: This is a small, simple, safari inspired, and budget friendly nursery that I made for my baby boy. I did everything myself. The nursery is almost done, it needs only a nice rug, and the ruffles under the crib. But I confess, at this point, the weight of the belly makes me easily tired. I made this with my baby boy in mind, so I tried to think about everything that a little boy would enjoy. I wanted to explore numbers, letters, colors, and animals as educational items for the nursery. I hope you enjoy.
- Design Inspiration: Safari / animals inspired.
- Decorating Style: Contemporary, eclectic.
- Project Details: Considering we chose the smallest room of the house for the nursery, I decided to choose light/relaxing colors rather than dark paint or wall paper. Also our floor is dark, so light colors on the wall would make more sense. Since I adore white baby furniture, I chose to buy everything white. Colorful accessories makes the room happier and more vibrant.
- Favorite Items: I like the little tails that I used as handles. They were wall hooks that I transformed into handles. I like the cubbies as well as the letters on the wall. The recliner is extremely comfortable.
- Advice: Enjoy your babies, everyday is a unique day. Good luck for all mothers-to-be.
Posted on November 20, 2012
Project By: Adriana
Brazilian, 36 years old, Architect, married for 3 years. Expecting my child number 1. Living in Chicago, IL since 2006.› More projects by Adriana
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures