- A Project For: Adalyn
- Age: Newborn
- Location: Redondo Beach, CA
- Description: The nursery we designed for our first baby girl, Adalyn, who will be joining our family at the end of October.
- Design Inspiration: The first piece we found was the pink and green dream catchers at Pottery Barn Kids. I loved the idea of using these in place of a traditional mobile. They were the inspiration for the bird theme as well as the primarily pink and green color palette.
- Decorating Style: We wanted a girly nursery, that also felt like a very relaxing, comfortable space. My husband was skeptical of too much pink but the color on the walls is very subtle and soothing.
- Project Details: The paint pattern was something I saw in the Sherwin Williams catalog. I used the exact paint colors they had recommended. Measuring and taping the stripes definitely took a lot of patience but I loved the results. Everyone thinks its wall paper. Frog tape for strips is a must! Most of the furniture came from Pottery Barn Kids. We got the Sleigh Crib on Craigslist and their Ultimate Changing Table during their floor model sale. The big splurge was the glider, which was totally worth it! The bed sheets and blanket are from the PB Kids Penelope collection. The bed skirt is Serena and Lily. The nursery is the smallest bedroom in our house but is directly next to the master for convenience. Since there was not a lot of space in the room, we decided not to get a traditional dresser. We put an IKEA storage unit we had in one side of the closet and bought the storage boxes and labeled them based on the size of the clothes. It worked perfectly for all those little onesies! The custom bird on the door came from ETSY from a store called the wooden owl. The custom art prints above the changing table were also inspired by ETSY. I actually ended up doing them myself since the women had already sold the originals and only had prints left but I definitely used her designs for inspiration. The shadow boxes and bird bookends came from Home Goods. The letters came from Michaels crafts and I painted them.
- Favorite Items: I really loved the dream catchers, which inspired the nursery theme. I also LOVE our glider.
Posted on October 28, 2012 4,345 views
My name is Casie and my husband, Justin and I are expecting our first baby girl, Adalyn, on October 25th. We live in Redondo Beach, California and could not be more excited to meet our new addition!> more projects by justincase
Avatars by Sterling Adventures