- A Project For: Let's call him "Baby H"
- Age: expected to arrive July 4!
- Location: West Texas
A fun, manly nursery with vintage, rustic and modern accents.
For our little boy's nursery, I wanted a fun manly room with vintage, modern and rustic accents, without having a "theme." I stuck with a basic color scheme of red, black, wood grain and yellow. The majority of the room's contents are more grown up than your typical nursery, but we didn't want to limit the decor to only appealing to his infant and toddler years.
I tried to incorporate elements of our life, all the while keeping it vintage. We paid tribute to our alma mater, Texas Tech University, the farming and ranching heritage we were raised in, and our love for music, hunting and sports.
Industrial. Vintage. Sports. Americana. Rustic.
Much of the decor accents we already owned, were a DIY project, or I picked up in a junk store!
- Twin Bed: Stanley Light Antique Black Twin Panel Bed - Alldredge Home | Midland, Texas (no longer in business)
- Red Twin Blanket: Dillards - Ralph Lauren Home (50% off!)
- Yellow Chevron Duvet: Urban Outfitters
- Bed Side Table: Craigslist
- Union Jack Throw Pillow - Country Living Fair | Austin, Texas
- Antique Dresser: Traded from a friend
- Crib: Gift from a relative
- Glider: Consignment store find - chair made by Pottery Barn Kids
- Antique Pepsi crate: Curiosities Antique Store - Midland, Texas
- Antique Toy Tractor: Wild Rose Primitives Etsy Store
- Pendelton Poster: Already owned it.
- Baby Rifle: Junk store | Santa Ana, Texas
- Chalk Board: DIY
- Antlers: Country Living Fair | Austin, Texas
- Wagon Wheel Art: N2Design Etsy Store
- You Are My Sunshine Art: Raw Art Letter Press Etsy Store
- Red Raider Collage Art: Banda Prints Etsy Store
- Red Raider Poster: Gemini Studio Etsy Store
- Crying is For Babies Art: DIY
- Table lamp: Home Depot
- Crib Bedding: Carousel Designs
- Wire Basket: Hobby Lobby
- Knock-off Anthropologie Letters - Hobby Lobby + DIY painting and sanding. See tutorial here.
- Black-out Curtains: Walmart
- Red Cowboys and Indians Throw: Gift from a friend
- Large Rustic Letter H: Coyote Candle Company | Lubbock, Texas
- Live Large sign: Graham Pharmacy | Midland, Texas
- Red and Yellow Arrows: Etsy Store SlippinSouthern
My favorite items are the red and yellow wooden arrows! How fun!? And the rocker is a close tie. I wanted an overstuffed rocker/glider so bad, but was not willing to fork over the $400+ for a new one. Luckily, I found a used Pottery Barn rocker at a consignment store for $80! And it's so comfortable!
Details make a room! Don't feel confined to a theme or making your nursery super baby-ish!
Posted on June 22, 2012
Project By: JoAnnaRobertson
Hi! I am JoAnna Robertson, expecting mom, wife, and lover of interior design! I am a stay-at-home mom, and co-owner of Blade Resources, a multi-faceted marketing company specializing in web development, graphic design, print solutions and commercial photography.› More projects by JoAnnaRobertson
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures