Throwing a baby shower? It’s absolutely the time to pull out all the stops and spoil the expecting mom a little bit. While you don’t have to offer up foot rubs and extravagance, really thinking about the guest of honor goes a long way in making her feel really special on this big day.
Here are 8 ways to spoil mama-to-be at her baby shower:
1. Choose a baby shower theme that the mom-to-be might actually like. If she hates pink or is morally opposed to baby elephants (gasp!), avoid them and choose a theme that reflects the new mom’s personality. She’ll feel special that you went to all the trouble!
Bee-Themed Baby Shower Invitation from Frog Prince Paperie
2. Remember to include registry information with the invitation, especially for first-time moms. The formal etiquette goes back and forth on whether you should include registry information or not, most arguing that it’s rude to ask for gifts. However, there aren’t many people who go to baby showers without bringing a present for the guest of honor. First-time moms are setting up nursery and preparing to welcome a brand new little person into their lives, so the diaper bag, set of onesies and crib sheets are pretty important! Extremely personal and thoughtful gifts are awesome, but so is the peace of mind that comes with knowing she is ready for baby’s arrival.
3. Do make a fuss and let the mom-to-be know how beautiful she looks. At seven months pregnant, she may or may not be feeling at the top of her game. Let her know that she’s still a goddess, and aim for flattering pictures of her throughout the party.
4. Serve food that mom can eat! Yes, there is a list of things doctors have recommended pregnant ladies stay away from, so avoid serving these items at her shower. Try to put out at least one of her favorite foods, and make sure she can eat or drink anything that is served at the event.
5. Have the guests create something personal for mom. Set up a framed invitation for everyone to sign, or make a “Wishes for Baby” tree or something similar. Looking back on all the people who cared enough to show their love will bring on the warm fuzzies!
6. Buy a board book instead of a card. Put a label in the book with your name and a short message. This will stick around far longer than a card, and mom will be able to build baby’s library at the same time. Not only that, but every time she reads to her bundle of joy, she’ll remember her wonderful day.
7. Write a list of gifts that were given and who gave them. This is Shower Throwing 101, but make sure you do it! Mom will be happy to have a list of people to thank for all their generosity!
8. Give the mom-to-be a new Thank You stationery suite and have the guests write their addresses on the envelopes. This is such an easy thing to do, and it will save the mom-to-be so much time and stress if she doesn’t have to hunt for addresses to send off her thank you notes.
A little thoughtfulness goes a long way to help make any mom feel spoiled at her baby shower!