When it comes to picking favorites, Rachel Blumenthal is our go-to gal. After all, she’s the one who created the genius registry site Cricket’s Circle, which whittles down the overwhelming number of baby products out there to a few favorites per category based on their testing. All you have to do is pick one from the top choices—simple, right? So we were pleased as punch for Rachel to give The Project Nursery Shop a once-over with her tried-and-true methods. Find Rachel’s favorite baby must-haves from The PN Shop and see what she has to say about them below.
1. Baby Bath Wrap. Besides being a winning Instagram moment (hello, neon pink stars!), a hooded towel for baby is essential to keep her from getting cold (i.e. screaming her head off) after a bath. This cotton muslin number is
highly absorbent and soft.
2. Bunny Wallpaper. Bunnies for my bunny! This wallpaper is equal parts cute, simple and modern—in a word, perfect.
3. Oeuf Rhea Crib. A nontoxic sleeping environment is a high priority, which is why I love this simple, modern crib by Oeuf. It’s made of sustainable wood and safe water-based paint. Plus, it easily converts to a toddler bed.
4. Gold Baby Ballet Slippers. I’m fully aware these aren’t practical, but how can you not fall for tiny gold ballet slippers—these on tiny chubby baby feet are Instagram gold.
5. Pregnancy Pillow. This being my second baby, I know all about the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn. I’ll do anything to maximize my zzz’s before baby comes, and this pregnancy pillow is a lifesaver when you hit that third trimester and can’t get comfy.
6. Chewbeads Pacifier Clip. I love multi-functional products like this pacifier clip by Chewbeads. Besides being totally adorable (a rarity in the paci clip market, trust), it’s also great when baby starts teething. (Editor’s Update: There was a recall on certain designs September 29, 2015.)
7. Initial Blocks Blanket. I’m a sucker for anything personalized, and the fact that this one reminds us of the fancy Hermes version just adds to its appeal. We like it in pale pink and white.
8. Baby Activity Gym. A baby toy that entertains her and doesn’t cramp my modern style is a win!
9. Bla Bla Crib Sheet. Love the whimsical orange and pink pattern on these sheets—they’re fun without being fussy with just the right amount of color and made of 100% cotton.
10. Nursing Tank. This may look like any other nursing tank, but don’t be fooled—this one helps compress the belly (but is still super comfortable), supports the boobs without underwire, and makes nursing a cinch.
11. Belly Bandit. People swear by the Belly Bandit, which helps the uterus contract back (i.e. helps you bounce back), plus it gives you extra support while breastfeeding. It looks like torture, but I’m committed to trying it this time around.
Just remember, you can’t leave the hospital without an infant car seat, and make sure you have plenty of
diapers and the baby swing at the ready!
Thank you, Rachel, for browsing through The PN Shop. We are so flattered!