The Ultimate Children's Design Resource

Gender Reveal Party Ideas: He or She?

A big trend right now in the party world is finding out the gender of your new baby and revealing it at a fabulous fete with your closest friends. Some couples know the gender of their baby before the party, and some wait and find out along with all of their guests, surprise! Either way, it is a fun and memorable way to share the exciting news. So whether you are planning your own gender reveal party or planning one for your best friend, here are some fun pictures to help inspire you.

Use this cute invitation to invite guests over for the big news!Gender Reveal Party Invitation

Fill a box with the color of balloons that correlates with the gender of the baby, and open it to kick off the party!

Balloon Release Gender Revealimage by kelly anderson photography

Bake a cake filled with coodinated colored candies. Cut into the cake, and surprise!

Betty Crocker Candy Filled Gender Reveal Cakeimage and recipe source

Silly string isn’t just for kids! Let the guests reveal the gender with a silly string shootout.

Silly String Gender Reveal Partyimage source

You could always surprise guests as they bite into a treat.

Gender Reveal Onesie Cookiesimage and DIY source

How about a fun theme like,”What Will It Bee?”

Bumble Bee Baby Cake image source

There are so many options to throw a fabulous gender reveal party. Do you have any ideas or photos you want to share? Upload them to our project gallery!

About the author
Rebecca calls Gilbert, AZ home. An interior designer by trade, Rebecca is the creative force behind Petite Party Studio, a printables and party decor business—all in addition to being mom to Brandt, Blake and Bennett!
| Website | View all articles by
  1. Lander Rish says:

I love all these ideas! It would be nice if the parents-to-be do not know the gender, too, and be surprised as well!

2. Mindy says:

Yes, Lander Rish, that’s the trend these days. The parents give the sealed enveloped from the doctor revealing the gender to someone else and have that person prepare the reveal gimmick.

3. Jillian Scotts says:

The balloons in a box idea is what we did for our own gender reveal party two years ago!

4. Kim says:

The cake and the balloon ideas are kinda old. Anybody else want to share more unique gender reveal ideas? I can definitely use new ones.

5. Glory says:

At my baby shower all the guest knew we were having a boy, but my family and I did not find out until we got to the shower.

6. Andrea Lowe says:

You can try the confetti thing.

7. Andrea Lowe says:

Or the fortune cookie!

8. Nadine says:

My husband and I decided not to find out the gender of our baby until the baby shower, which my sister-in-law planned. She also helped us decorate the nursery. We gave her the envelope from our OB, so she knew one month ahead. My hubby and I designed the nursery to be white and beige and had my SIL add the pink/blue accents to the room. She had the nursery locked up and only opened it during the gender reveal party.

9. Andrea Lowe says:

That’s cool. Lucky for you, you have your SIL to do all these things. I wish I had somebody totally reliable when it comes to decorating and party planning.

10. Alley says:

Neat idea. You should share pictures of your nursery and your gender reveal party!

11. Alley says:

Instead of a confetti or balloons, we had a pinata filled with pink goodies!

12. Ross Neytiri says:

That’s so cool! So was it your idea or was it from the one planning your party? I wish I had somebody who’d do that for me!

13. Glory says:

My best friend had the idea. I wanted to find out at birth but my husband wanted to know before he was born so she came up with the idea and decorated the baby shower according to gender. Her and I went and registered for both genders and took off all the girl items since we were having a boy. She sent out invites by e-mail and let all our guest know it was a gender reveal party. She set up a power point slide of all the ultrasound pictures and video which also confirmed the gender. (Had my midwife and ultrasound tech. seal the information in an envelope and handed it to my friend.) She has been a true blessing to us.

14. […] {via} {via} {via} {via} {via} {via} {via} {via} {via} […]

Comments are closed.
Shop Survey
✕  CLOSE

Get Project Nursery delivered!

Project Nursery

Sign up and be entered to win a $50 VISA gift card towards shopping for your nursery!

*Required