We all want to make this time of year special and unique for our families. One of the easiest ways to do this is to make your own holiday decorations, like personalized Christmas stockings. I cannot sew worth the life of me, so I came up with a way to make stockings for my family without having to thread a needle!
Supplies: fabric, large sheet of colored paper (our size was 12×18), Stitch Witchery (found at Michaels), straight pins, scissors, iron, hot glue, ribbons, embellishments and applique flowers (found at local craft stores)
1. Draw a stocking on your large colored paper.
2. Cut out your shape.
3. Pin your stocking shape to your fabric.
4. Cut out the shape leaving a 1/4″ to 1/2″ border. You don’t have to be exact.
5. This is what your stocking shape should look like. Cut out a second shape using the backside of your template and following steps 3 and 4 again.
6. Lay the two pieces on top of each other so the “correct” side of the fabric is in the inside. Layer the Stitch Witchery along the edges in between the matched up sides.
7. Apply iron as per instructions on Stitch Witchery box.
8. Turn stocking right side out.
9. Apply trims and flowers as desired.
You’re done! This year I am using the same base fabric for everyone but changing up the trim per person. You can even take it a step further and cut out felt initials and glue them on. Have fun personalizing your holidays this year!