Much like adding a scarf or necklace—or that fabulous pair of earrings—to your outfit, adding accents and styling elements to a room creates that final layer of the design that completes our rooms. Room accessories add special moments; we encourage our clients to layer their rooms with items that are meaningful and some that just work well with the room. Keep reading to enter to win a room accessory of your very own.
When we created the nursery vignettes for the NYC Big City Moms’ Shower, we included some of our favorite styling pieces.
1. We love these Jellycat Bashful Bunnies that we got for the event from OpenSky. They are so soft and adorable. They may be inanimate objects, but they bring a serene energy to the space.
2. These bird cages from West Elm can add an element of romance to a space. We added pink felt flowers for a little more elaboration and definition on the white cages for the event.
3. Skip Hop Owl Bookends are both bright and fun as well as functional. While they are intended to be used as bookends, they can also add a fun distraction on a changing table and a bright punch of personality to the rooms they inhabit.
4. Jellycat’s Orange Aardvark is as cuddly as it is cute. We fell for him the first time we took him out of his packaging, and he also happens to be in this season’s fashion-forward orange.
5. We love to find new and interesting ways to include pictures of the little inhabitant and their family in the nurseries we design. We love these picture blocks that can also have initials and names added to them. Created by New York City photographer Jennifer Lee, they are perfect for nurseries.
6. The “Hug Me” Pillow, from Room Service LA, is both sweet and sassy. We are big fans of this Los Angeles-based firm that always seems to have the perfect throw pillow to complete our nursery designs no matter what the style.
Have fun finding those special touches for your room design, but also remember, like when adding accessories to your outfit, you have to find the balance between stark and cluttered to create your perfect space.
WIN IT! One Project Nursery reader will win a “Hug Me” Pillow of their very own!
HOW TO ENTER: Tell us who you most want to hug in a comment below. Contest ends Monday, June 11th, 2012 at 11:59 PDT. Winner chosen by random number generator.