The Ultimate Children's Design Resource

Design Reveal: Lila’s Chevron Nursery

Well, she’s almost here, or at least that’s what people tell me! I, on the other hand, feel like ten weeks is forever away (especially in this HOT Texas summer), but until then, Miss Lila can rest assured that her nursery is ready and waiting for her!

When I’m working on new collections for Caden Lane, I always find myself designing my dream nursery for that collection (pregnant or not!). If this baby had been a boy, I had visions of a grey accent wall, with light yellow chevron and bright blue pops of color. I wanted metal wire baskets and thick word wall art, and I was torn between a white crib or one of those gorgeous grey cribs that seem to be popping up everywhere! And then our ultrasound revealed another little diva, and my mind flooded with shades of pink, teal and orange. And, of course, chevron.

My first daughter’s nursery used our Modern Vintage Collection and was sweet with shades of pink, brown and turquoise. In her big girl room, she has our Boutique Collection, and the room is painted the sweetest shade of Tiffany blue with a white tree and pink flower accents! I love both rooms, but I think this sweet new baby girl might just be getting my favorite room yet!

There’s no question—the design started with the bedding. It usually does right? I like to think of the crib as the focal point of the room and the bedding as the color palette. From there, the design grows. The walls are a bright and soothing shade of teal, and I love how the chevron wall complements the main crib wall, taking your eyes from space to space. The obvious choice would have been to paint the chevron a light pink, but I wanted to be a little unexpected and went with the slightest shade of peach from the fabric. It’s subtle and spectacular.

If you’re looking to recreate the same chevron look in your nursery, you can check out my DIY tutorial. Easy-peasy. Promise.

I’ve always loved inspirational quotes, and I wanted the wall art to be simple and sweet. “Dream Big, Sparkle More, Shine Bright”—the perfect advice for any baby! I created the wall art in a digital file, printed it on photo paper and painted the frames myself! Cheap and easy. Check back for a DIY on how to create your own wall art very soon!

I love the wall with the bunting flags; it reminds me of tea parties and celebrations! I placed the bookcase off-center on the wall and filled the space next to it with a monogram canvas (the letter is made with buttons—another great DIY) and a cute little mirror.

The DIY I’m most proud of in the nursery is the curtains! I purchased plain white curtain panels and found this adorable rosette trim. At first, I thought the pink roses would go down only one side of the panel, but when I mistakenly glued them down the SAME SIDE of both panels (smart, Katy), I had no choice but to line both sides. The perfect example of a mistake gone good—can you imagine not having that bright pink trim to frame the windows? It was meant to be.

If you are looking to recreate the same look in your nursery or just want to see more pictures, make sure to check out Lila’s nursery in the project gallery! Happy decorating everyone! And here’s a link to the boy version of our Chevron Bedding!

1. Aneta says:

This is one of my favorite nurseries EVER :) Simple and playful color combo makes you want to hang out in this room forever :)

2. Kari says:

I was wondering where the dresser was from (or can we get more information on it?). It is too cute!

3. Kari says:

Kari,

I found it! Newport Cottages :)

4. Lindsay says:

LOVE this room. I’m in the process of designing my girl nursery in the Tiffany blue, hot pink & green. I would love to know where that rug is from…

5. Kristin says:

Super cute room. Love the colors and how playful it all is!

6. BriskRain says:

Oh my, I just love the colors you have used here. It’s really playful and bright that it would be difficult to get away from this room. Love the ideas you have ehre!

7. Diane Mathias says:

Your frames and your mirrors are gorgeous. That shelf where you placed your stuffed dolls is also my favorite.

8. Love the brightness of these color combos! If I had a tiny baby girl I’d totally rock a nursery with these design elements!

9. Melisa says:

Nursery of the year here! ;) xo, M

10. Love this nursery! Beautiful and fun!

11. Jasmine C. says:

What a nice room for a baby girl! I think this one is the best room you have designed, too, out of all three. I also love the colors, especially teal!

12. Frauline Melfi says:

I love what you did with your walls! Especially the one with the frames and other handmade whimsies.

13. SarahJ says:

Love the aqua paint color – where did you get it from? Am trying to find a similar color for my nursery and nothing looks quite right. Thanks!

14. Jennesa says:

Where did u get the bedding!? I love the chevron print!!!!!

15. [...] Katy, Caden Lane designer and founder, debuted her daughter Lila’s nursery, it took Project Nursery by storm. Our readers (and our team) fell head-over-heels for the room, [...]

16. […] Bright pinks and aquas create a joyful nursery, as does the wall art that inspires baby to dream big, which is why we’d add the All About Love personalized growth chart to this space. (Image courtesy of Project Nursery) […]

17. […] Teal and pink chevron nursery, DIY confetti drapes, all teal room, white loft bed, and pink/white dresser […]

18. […] Horizontal Stripes from Apartment Therapy Get the How To Here! 2. Chevron Stripes From Project Nursery Get the How To Here!   3. Vertical Stripes From Design Dazzle Get the How To Here!   4. […]

19. Noree len says:

where do you buy the crib bedding , curtains, and the wallpaper from ?

Comments are closed.
Shop Survey
✕  CLOSE

Get Project Nursery delivered!

Project Nursery

Sign up and be entered to win a $50 VISA gift card towards shopping for your nursery!

*Required