In honor of Earth Day, we asked Sprout to pick out products that will inspire and remind us that organic products are readily available, stylish and affordable!
Do the words “organic” and “natural” conjure hippy-dippy earth tones, dirt browns and garbage can green in your mind? Luckily, we are no longer stuck with these colorless options when it comes to going organic. Our favorite baby and children’s brands are now providing savvy and stylish, not to mention healthy and organic, options for our little ones. From cribs to bedding and changing tables to gliders, there are now healthy and safe options that will provide a stylish and safe home for years to come.
Most furniture is made with glues and plastics that contain harmful chemicals known to disrupt our immune systems and even cause cancer. At Sprout, we proudly provide organic and natural options for both the aspiring fashionista and the customer on a tight budget.
1. Rakshabella bedding – Handmade 100% organic Egyptian cotton bedding with the sophisticated unisex print is both a design and organic favorite. We especially love this bedding set for the milky blue elephant print or the sweet peachy-rose camel print, not to mention how soft and cozy the cotton is!
2. The Regency Crib by The New Traditionalist – Handmade in Connecticut from solid wood, no-voc paints or glues, not only is this crib a piece of art, acting as the centerpiece of the nursery, it is a crib built to last with its toddler conversion option. We especially love this crib for its sophisticated yet classic detail in the side panels. It’s available in over ten different colors.
3. Sprout Exclusive Glider – When Sprout could not find an all-organic glider, we decided to have one built for us in the US. Our glider is made of organic cotton, solid wood, formaldehyde-free glue and amazingly soft organic linen—a Sprout customer favorite!
4. Universal Changing Tray – If you are working with a small budget, it’s great to take inventory of what transitional pieces of furniture already exist in your home. For example, if you have a dresser, vanity or buffet that would look cute in your nursery, use it and simply add a universal changing tray and organic changing pad. We love the mix-and-match look!
5. Notneutral Rug – Notneutral makes 100% wool rugs free of harmful dyes, plastic coatings or flame-retardants. Choose from the modern links or more traditional print of flowers and birds. Rugs are often sprayed with scotch guard-chemicals and retardants; the healthiest option is 100% wool with no harmful dyes or fabric finishers.
6. Coyuchi bedding – Coyuchi is a great option for organic bedding. Made locally in Northern California, their seersucker crib skirts, embroidered sheets, bumpers and mix-and-match style is perfect if you’re looking for just a sheet, crib skirt, bumper or an entire set.
7. Caravan Crib – The caravan crib by Kalon offers a simple style with a pop of color. Made in the USA with no MDF, we love the turquoise blue for either boy or girl. Mix with corals and yellows as a bright, fresh option.
8. Naturepedic Changing Pad – Naturepedic makes organic changing pads in addition to mattresses. We love these changing pads for their sturdiness and versatility; great for converting an existing dresser into a changing table.