It’s the Chinese year of the dragon. We’ve gotten many requests to subtly incorporate references to the sign in nurseries. Chinese culture says “the year of the dragon is supposed to be particularly fortunate for babies—those born, as dragons are the strongest, smartest and the luckiest.” Who can blame their parents for wanting to pay homage to the dragon in some small way? Here are some of our favorite finds to infuse the “lucky” little ones’ rooms with a dragon or two.
1. Helen Doodle’s How to Draw a Dragon – when we first saw this print, it made us smile as broadly as our new friend. Choose to have it displayed on stretched canvas or floating between two panels of glass—this image will make your lucky one a happy one.
2.ApplewoodKnoll’s Personalized Dragon Art Print is printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper, and it brings both the dragon and personalization to the room.
3. Goki’s Wooden Dragon Mobile brings eight bright, flying dragons to entertain your baby.
4. Studio Design Lab’s appliqued and embroidered Chinese Dragon Pillows not only bring luck and happiness into the nursery, they add a pop of color, too.
5. Furbish’s Colorful Dragon Pillow dispels any concerns that incorporating the dragon may make the room feel too masculine. We love the romantic feel of these pillows by Willa Skye Home, which add vibrant hues to the room and a feminine touch to the dragon.
6. Lastly, if you want a more subtle presence, these Dinky Dragon Drawer Knobs add a level of fun and hopefully, a lot of luck to any room.
We wish you lots of love and happiness with your Dragon Babies!