Oh yes, we’ve chatted before about using tissue poms for your next party and for room decor, but do you know how to make them? For the cost of a couple of dollars, you can create an instant pop of color, style and whimsy with this quick and easy tissue pom tutorial.
The Party Pom: Hang these poms at your next party.
The Nursery Pom: Use these poms for instant color (image via Etsy).
The Mini Pom: Use these cute minis to embellish party goods.
Supplies: Tissue paper (20 inches x 30 inches), Scissors, Floral wire or pipe cleaners, Monofilament or ribbon to hang
1. Layer eight sheets of tissue paper.
2. Accordion (fan) fold the layered sheets into 1-2 inch sections, back and forth, the entire length of the paper.
3. Wrap your floral wire around the center of the folded paper and secure by twisting.
4. Use your scissors to trim the ends of you folded paper into rounded or pointed shapes.
5. Starting at the center, carefully pull each layer apart, one piece at a time.
6. Decide on the length you want to hang your poms, cut the monofilament or ribbon accordingly and attach to the floral wire to hang.
Tip: You can vary the size and pouf of the poms depending on the sheet size of the tissue paper and how many sheets you use.