Start your party decor search somewhere close by…..your baby’s nursery! I love re-purposing room decor items in my party set-ups. Simple items such as hanging canopies, banner buntings or wall decors can transform your party from cute to WOW!
I used this darling carnival/circus canopy from IKEA (a mere $19.99 investment) for an elephant parade birthday party…..and it MADE the party! People are in awe of the unexpected and a simple, inexpensive item can help you elevate your dessert table, story-time reading nook, or craft table. Here are a few of my favorite items that can help you do just that:
- Wood Airplane Mobile – this hanging element with give your son’s birthday party flight!
- Fabric Wall Decal Bunting – gender-neutral, this bunting is full of cute patterns and charm and would be a darling addition to any party!
- Rose Petal Canopy – I can just picture this beautiful rose petal canopy hanging over a tea party table in the garden, can’t you?
- Nautical Flag Banner – these seaside flags are perfect for a nautical birthday party or baby shower. (a VERY popular theme this time a year!)
- Chandelier Wall Decal – bring a touch of elegance to any party with this sweet chandelier wall decal. It’s a great way to “dress-up” a tea party or elegant first birthday party!
- Lady Bug Wall Decals – cluster a bunch of these cuties going up a wall or down a table!
- Pink Butterfly Mobile – hang a mobile over a kids table like you would a chandelier over your dining room table. It adds a vertical element to your space, not to mention a sense of whimsy!
- Batman Wall Decal – with superheros the rage these days, who could resist a batman wall decal personalized with your child’s name?!