It was a hot summer day and I desparately needed an activity to entertain my toddler. Pam cracked up as I tolder her I was enroute to Ikea so my son could burn some energy. Turns out a trip to Ikea’s children’s section is equivalent to a day at the park for him and a successful shopping trip for me! We managed to spend most of our time in the show room where the Kura Bed was on display. I find it funny how every time I visit that crazy Sweedish megastore, I stare at this bed and think, what can I do with a bright “Ikea blue” loft. We’ll now I’ll take cue from Griffin’s mom Aliza and paint it brown…Genius!
Child’s name: Griffin
Age: almost 3
Location: Valley Forge, PA
What was your inspiration for the room?
My son’s love of color, and our shared love of nature.
What best describes your decorating style?
Clean, modern, and fun!
Please with us your choice of paint colors, furniture, art, diy tips, etc.
- Wall decals by Wall Candy Arts for NotNeutral
- Kura Bed and framed prints from Ikea (We sanded/spray painted the blue pieces of the bed to be brown. When he’s older this Ikea bed can be flipped upside down to create a low bunk/loft with play space or room for a second mattress on the floor.)
- Ceiling lamp and bedding from Land of Nod
- Sling bookshelf from Target / KidKraft
- Balloon mobile by Flensted Mobiles
- Low VOC paint from Olympic
What is your favorite item(s) in the room?
I think the wall decals and ceiling lamp really make the room… but the duvet cover gave me the color palate. It’s so hard to pick just one!