What is pink and brown and red all over? Hailey’s Room! Good for NYC mom Angela for keeping 14-month old, Hailey’s room red! This goes to show that there is no need to change everything for baby and it’s entirely possible to work with what you already have. Angela reached out to us looking for wall art ideas and shared how Project Nursery has inspired her to take a second look her daughter’s room. Of course we are thrilled to provide a few ideas…
Do pink and red really clash? When we were thirteen years old and trying to learn the rules of fashion, yes it did – like blue and black. But Angela joked that she actually likes her so called clash of pink and red. Our advice is to just go with it Angela! And here are a few more accessory suggestions you may want to incorporate into the room:
1. Legendary pop icon Andy Warhol, didn’t seem to mind when he created this “Daisy Pink On Red” painting in 1982 and neither do we. Copies are found at Overstock.com
for $55 – an excellent buy to help finish a room.
2. A stretched, frameless canvas provides a clean, contemporary look. We took this lead from reader Barby who introduced us to the mod silk screened line at Jeeto
3. Mom also mentioned that she wanted to incorporate additional lighting with the hopes of finding a kid-proof option. Create fun and adventure in the dark with these portable, rechargeable and durable lights by “Candela Tooli Nightlight/Lamp Set
” found at Giggle
4. Add function and color by using Land of Nod’s “Strapping Storage Collection” of baskets for reorganizing your shelving unit.
5. Finish off that comfy couch by incorporating cool pillows to tie in the room’s overall look and feel. Design Public
has an excellent collection of kid pillows. Pay special attention to hot designs by Dwell Studio
to complete the look!
Have fun Angela. We look forward to seeing what you choose to add to Hailey’s red hot room! And readers, she’s open to comments!